Each Modulift Spreader System has been Proof Load Tested in the Modulift compression Test Rig and all products comply with the relevant standards as detailed below:
UK & European Compliance:
- BS EN 13155: 2003+A2:2009: Cranes – Safety – Non-fixed load lifting attachments
- DNV Standard for Certification No. 2.22 Lifting Appliances 2011
- Mod 6 up to Mod 800/1000 Type Approved by DNV
- LOLER: 1998 (Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations)
- PUWER: 1998 (Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations)
- EC Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC
- BS EN 1993-1: 2005: Eurocode 3
- ASME B30.20: 2013 – Below-the-Hook Lifting Devices
- ASME BTH-1:2017 – Design of Below-the-Hook-Lifting-Devices
- AS 4991: 2004 – Lifting Devices DNV Standard for Certification
- EAC Mark - Eurasian Customs Union Technical Regulations Compliance
- ISO 17096 - 2015: Cranes, Safety, Load Lifting Attachments
DNV Standard for Certification
DNV 2.22: Modulift Spreader Systems conform to DNV Standard for Certification No.2.22 Lifting Appliances.
Modulift is the first and only Spreader Beam Manufacturer in the world to have the globally recognized DNV Type Approval for all Spreader Beam sizes up to 1000t capacity in accordance with DNV’s standard for Certification No. 2.22 for Lifting Appliances 2011, at no extra cost to the client.
For those customers who require a higher level of quality standard, Modulift also provides further options for project specific 3rd Party Verification.
When a project demands the highest level of certification Modulift are able to offer our customers varying degrees of additional DNV certification depending upon their individual QA requirements, including:
- Proof Load Test Survey Report and Record of Test
- DNV Certificate of Conformity for Manufacture & Test (CG3 in accordance with ILO Convention 152)
To ensure safe operation, it is essential that Modulift’s modular Spreader Beams are used in conjunction with the User Instructions provided. For other Spreader Beams, Lifting Beams, and other Lifting Solutions, please consult Modulift directly.
Levels of Certification
Level 1. Standard Modulift Spreader Beams: In accordance with BS EN 13155 - 2003. Available CE Marked and supplied with a Certificate of Conformity and DNV Type Approval, up to 400t available off-the-shelf.
Level 2. Individual Proof Load Testing of Modulift Spreader Beams: Modulift offer an individual Proof Load Test service with or without 3rd Party Verification to those requiring a higher level of certification.
Level 3. Modulift Spreader Beams with project specific DNV Certification: Although our range of Spreader Beams are now DNV Type Approved, we can also offer project specific DNV certification of individual Spreader Beams. It is the ultimate in certification and quality control for the most demanding project specification; a Modulift Spreader Beam individually certified by DNV in terms of Design, Manufacuting and Proof Load Testing. Supplied with a design review report and Certificate of Conformity for Manufacture and Test, issued by DNV.