External Sales Executive
This is an exciting role within a very well established company based in Poole, who are world leaders within their heavy lifting specialism. The company sells their products globally, through direct sales, resellers and a distribution network.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Sales & Marketing Director and the New Business Development Team, to help grow sales within identified key sectors in both the UK and Europe. As a result a willingness to travel frequently, work flexible hours and engage directly with our customer base, is essential.
Company Behavioural Values
We expect you to wholeheartedly buy in to our company behaviours. These values are critical to our success as one close knit team:
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work directly with the Sales & Marketing Director and NBD team to achieve the company annual sales targets.
- Work closely with the team to help uncover the generated leads.
- Investigate and understand customers’ business needs as a means of identifying future business opportunities.
- Actively pursue and convert all potential sales and project opportunities to ensure excellent returns for the business.
- Manage an active portfolio of opportunities and projects at various stages in line with sales strategy.
- Promote the company as the preferred solution partner and provider of choice
- Manage key accounts.
- Communicate regularly with the Sales & Marketing Director regarding opportunities, challenges and any other business matters.
- Provide support at global exhibitions.
- Engage with clients from all over the UK and Europe.
- This role requires a lot of travel, and flexible working in order to achieve sales targets and drive performance.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required:
- Experience within the lifting industry is preferred
- Self-motivated professional with a proven track record of sales growth
- High energy professional with commitment to succeed in sales and business development
- Competent with computers, both in preparing presentations and communications
- Strong communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Sensitive to multi-cultural environment
- Excellent communicator both with customers and the sales team
- Focus on the end result – strong desire to achieve objectives despite challenges
- Ability to form and maintain strong, lasting client / work place relationships
- Clean current UK driving licence
Company Location: Poole, Dorset.
The role will primarily be field based, however regular meetings at our Head Office would be required.
Primary Working Hours: Monday to Thursday 08:30 to 17:30.
Friday 08:30 to 16:00
Salary: Will be discussed further at interview stage and dependent upon proven work experience and competencies.
Pension: We provide a company pension scheme in accordance with UK legislative requirements.
Parking: Free parking at company office, as well as a bike shelter is available on site.
Tea & Coffee: Provided to all employees within company office.
A comprehensive curriculum vitae and supporting covering letter is required for an application to be considered.