Sales Order Administrator
You will be part of a close knit team within a global engineering business, based in Poole, who design and manufacture both off the shelf and custom engineered products.
Reporting to the Sales Operations Manager and Sales Orders Coordinator, you will work within our Order Processing Team, who bring customer orders to life and handle the crucial logistical elements ensuring ‘on time first time’ customer delivery.
The role demands will be exciting and varied, driven by our global customers order requirements. As a result it requires a ‘pro-active team player’, who is capable of prioritising tasks and communicating effectively.
Internal training will be provided, however the successful candidate must be willing to embrace the challenge and learn quickly, getting stuck in with any and all tasks. We are very much ‘one team’ and as a result the willingness and ability to support colleagues, working closely and professionally with other Departments and Management is absolutely essential.
Proven administrative experience and/or specific order processing administration experience, in a production and supply chain environment, is highly advantageous and preferable. We would be open to applications from mature and ambitious school or college leavers, looking to build a career in a logistics and order operations setting.
All candidates regardless of experience, must be able to describe occasions they have displayed our core company behavioural values, within their application (see below).
Company Behavioural Values
We expect wholehearted buy in to our company behaviours, by all employees. These values are critical to our success as one close knit team:
Basic Role Overview
- Reviewing customer purchase orders ensuring our order processing meets customer requirements
- Conducting sales order processing within our CRM system
- Liaising with the Sales Department daily to confirm customer order acknowledgements
- Raising and sending despatch paper work to our subcontractor
- Raising and sending purchase orders (PO’s) for job specific items (e.g. packing materials)
- Raising and sending certificates of conformity and product user instructions
- Attaching certificates and despatch notes within our CRM system
- Obtaining and filing signed collection notes
- Obtaining transport quotations and liaising with suppliers on a daily basis
- Booking transport and logistical requirements to facilitate order delivery
- Sending packing information to customers and subcontractors
- Ordering minor stock items (e.g. packing materials and fasteners)
- Administration of the approved supplier database
- General Sales & Order Processing Team administration and filing support
Company Location: Poole, Dorset.
The role will primarily be field based, however regular meetings at our Head Office would be required.
Primary Working Hours: Monday to Thursday 08:30 to 17:30.
Friday 08:30 to 16:00
Salary: Will be discussed further at interview stage and dependent upon proven work experience and competencies.
Pension: We provide a company pension scheme in accordance with UK legislative requirements.
Parking: Free parking at company office, as well as a bike shelter is available on site.
Tea & Coffee: Provided to all employees within company office.
A comprehensive curriculum vitae and supporting covering letter is required for an application to be considered.